NEWS & PROFESSIONAL ARTICLES
CAT NEWS / HEALTH / BEHAVIOR
WHAT'S IN YOUR CAT'S FOOD DISH?
Think this website is the Cat's Meow? Let everybody know about it!
Copy and Send this link: https://catnewsheadlines.com/front-page
The information on this page is not veterinary advice. A number of factors (amount of substance ingested, size of the animal, allergies, etc.) determine what is toxic to a particular animal. If you think your pet has eaten something potentially toxic, call your vet or the Animal Poison Control Center below.
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® - ASPCA® - Animal Poison Control Center® - APCC® - [Your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888) 426-4435. A consultation fee may apply.]
Focusing on dogs, cats, horses, and birds, the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center’s (APCC) free mobile app helps owners quickly identify over 300 potential everyday hazards, provides crucial information about the severity of the problem and critical next steps.
Disclaimer pertaining to all whose work is presented in this website:
• The individual author contributors, the organizations, their authors and their websites included on this page are not associated with CatNewsHeadlines.com or CafFoodIngredients.com in any way. Inclusion of their information in CatNewsHeadlines.com does not imply a recommendation or endorsement of either CatNewsHeadlines.com nor CatFoodIngredients.com or any content contained within those websites.
• Additional note: The individual authors whose work is presented here may not support or endorse any of the information from 'Trusted Veterinary Information Organizations' either. Often, their own information stands in stark contrast to anything supported by vets or vet information sources.
• Information is presented here purely as a service to cat caregivers to enable people to find reliable information in addition to current news articles.
To see the complete list of contributing sources go here.
Individual sources include:
Organizational sources include:
Links to Madeleine Innocent articles pertinent to toxicity or hazards:
Links to VeterinaryPartner.com articles pertinent to plant/flower toxicity:
Links to international cat care articles pertinent to plant/flower toxicity:
Links to TA&M Pet Talk articles pertinent to plant/flower toxicity:
Links to Pet Health Network articles pertinent to plant/flower toxicity:
Many plants and flowers are highly toxic, poisonous, and even fatal to cats.Read this important article from PETMD titled Poisonous Plants for Cats. Plants add color, texture and beauty to your home and yard, but some plants are toxic for your cat(s).
IMPORTANT: Emily Parker, from catological lists 470 plants that are dangerous for cats.
Just Some of the Plants & Flowers Toxic to Cats:
• Can Cats Eat Daisies? - Southern Living
• WARNING: Lilies Can Kill Your Cat - WJON
• Oklahoma City vets see uptick in lily toxicity cases in cats - Oklahoma News4
• Cat owner warns of dangers posed by some flowers, plants - The Berkshire Eagle
• Quiz: Which plants are poisonous for cats and dogs? - EVERYDAY
• Easter Lilies May Be Dangerous for Your Pet–Here's What You Need To Know - Southern Living
• The 7 Most Toxic Houseplants for Cats - Legal Reader
• Keep cats and dogs away from mushrooms - Animal Airwaves
• Your Summer Garden Could be TOXIC to Your Pets, Experts Reveal - Katzenworld
• Know which holiday plants are safe, which ones are toxic for pets - Rome Sentinel
• 5 Indoor Houseplants That Are Poisonous to Your Cats - OUT OF TOWN BLOG
• 20 Plants That Are Dangerous For Cats - Reader's Digest
• Watch your plants — they can be toxic for cats - Star Tribune
• Consider the kitties when using lilies around your home - Desert Sun
• Are Roses Poisonous to Cats? - Southern Living
• Are Hydrangeas Poisonous to Cats? - Southern Living
Click on any of the pics to be taken to the APCC® site's letter-section
Having a big sale, on-site celebrity, or other event? Be sure ASPCA Page 'B-1'
Subscribe to The FREE Weekly CAT NEWS HEADLINES® Summary! Sign Up - Then Look For the Confirmation Email in Your Mailbox.
Save a Life... Fall in Love... Adopt a Cat! ®
Information on this website is provided for general purposes only. It should not be considered as a substitute for professional veterinary advice, care and treatment. Nothing herein is intended to treat, heal, or otherwise be considered as medical advice or treatment. Contact your veterinarian with any questions regarding your cat's diet or health. The reader must question the veracity of all news stories. See additional details here.
We hope you return to this website often. You are welcome here.
Copyright © 2021 Cat News Headlines® - All Rights Reserved.
Save a Life... Fall in Love... Adopt a Cat!®