NEWS & PROFESSIONAL ARTICLES
CAT NEWS / HEALTH / BEHAVIOR
WHAT'S IN YOUR CAT'S FOOD DISH?
In an analysis of its 2019 claims, Healthy Paws Pet Insurance determined the top accidents and illnesses plaguing dogs and cats in the U.S., examining common symptoms, treatments, case studies, and how much it may cost pet parents for the best available care.
The slideshow shows the Percentage of 2019 Claims and gives the Average Veterinary Cost/Expense for treating the afflictions. Read the article and see the slideshow here: NUPropertyCasualty360.com
Disclaimer pertaining to all whose work is presented in this website:
• The individual author contributors, the organizations, their authors and their websites included on this page are not associated with CatNewsHeadlines.com or CafFoodIngredients.com in any way. Inclusion of their information in CatNewsHeadlines.com does not imply a recommendation or endorsement of either CatNewsHeadlines.com nor CatFoodIngredients.com or any content contained within those websites.
• Additional note: The individual authors whose work is presented here may not support or endorse any of the information from 'Trusted Veterinary Information Organizations' either. Often, their own information stands in stark contrast to anything supported by vets or vet information sources.
• Information is presented here purely as a service to cat caregivers to enable people to find reliable information in addition to current news articles.
To see the complete list of contributing sources go here.
Individual sources include:
• PET TALK: When to be concerned about feline vomiting - Houston Chronicle
• Tail pull injuries in cats - Moscow-Pullman Daily News
• Integrative Pet Vet column: Water, an essential nutrient critical for health - Post Independent
• Common Cat Illnesses & Emergencies - TapInto.net
• A cat owner’s guide to common illnesses - FMT news
• Pet Connection: There are several ways to convince a sick pet to eat - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
• Flagler Humane Society - Secondhand smoke is dangerous for all pets - The Daytona Beach News-Journal
• How to read a cat's vitals - Star Tribune
• How to take your cat's vital signs at home - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
• Why is my cat thirsty? - PoC
• 8 Signs It’s Time to Take Your Cat to the Vet - Reader's Digest
• Why do some cats drool? - The Leader News
• ASK THE VETS: Understanding pain in our animals - Culpeper Star-Exponent
• Pet Docs: Cat seizures can have multiple causes but usually can be treated - The Post and Courier
• Visit to veterinarian a hair-raising experience for cats, who then shed - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
• Top 5 Ways to Encourage Your Cat to Drink More Water - The Pasadena Now Weekendr
• How to help a cat be sick? - PoC
• These are the signs of dehydration in cats - PINKVILLA
• Sneezing in Cats: Here’s everything you need to know - PINKVILLA
• A First-of-its-Kind Surgery for Sophie the Cat - MSU TODAY
• Respiratory struggles of short-nosed cats - UFHealth Podcasts
• Five insidious feline diseases - UFHealth Podcasts
• Cats are lactose intolerant - Poc
• When things go wrong in the feline pancreas - dvm360
• The Healing Qualities of a Therapy Cat - The Savvy Pet Owner
• Japan now has diapers specially for cats - SoraNews24
• Speaking of Pets: Here’s what to do if your cat is in pain - Vail Daily
• Cat Food Mystery Foils Diet Study - NC State University
• What's in a pet food label? - PetFoodIndustry.com
• Why it’s not a good idea to give your cat a saucer of milk - The Mercury News
• How to tell if your cat is sick - Pasadena Star-News
• Creating a DNA Map of Genetic Disorders in Cats - Technology Networks
• The Pet Shop: Cats’ first visit to new vet a tale of two personalities - Greensboro News&Record
• Advances in pet health, welfare on horizon: Pet Connection - GoErie.com
• Assessing facial expressions to detect pain may improve animal welfare - The Western Producer
• Paws for Health: Preventing Heat Stroke in Dogs & Cats - 9and10News
• Is your cat in pain? Its facial expression could hold a clue - The Conversation
• Prosthetic legs propel Vituzzo the ‘bionic cat’ to internet fame - New York Post
• Cat Freckles: Why Kitties Get Them And What It Means - Cole and Marmalade
• Dr. Sonnya: Supplement can prevent, mitigate feline herpes - TheDailyWorld
• All About Pets: Gut problems common in dogs and cats - TheLedger
• Surprisingly common virus in domestic cats raises concerns - ScienceLine
• Vets urge regular checkups for cat health - Taipei Times
• Understanding Dementia In Cats And What You Can Do To Help - Cole and Marmalade
• Is your cat dehydrated? - WGN
• Integrative Pet Vet column: Fatty liver syndrome in cats - PostIndependent
• Cat virus could be linked to feline cancer - Veterinary Practice News
• Cats continue to gain weight till maturity - The Free Press Journal
• Dogs VS Cats: Health Issues Edition - NomNomNow
• Tips for “Tearless” Vet Visits - The Columbian BLOGS
• How do indoor cats get colds? - PoC
• How much do domestic cats drink? - PoC
• What Can I Catch from my Cat? - Feline Zoonoses - CatVets.com
• How Often Should You Bathe Your Cat? - Paws and Effect
• Sneezing in Cats - The Columbian Blogs
The manufacture’s website info and product label design doesn’t matter. Advertising doesn't matter. Internet product reviews and caregiver’s testimonials don't matter. Whether or not your cats’ “like” it doesn’t matter (all kids like junk food). “If you are feeding canned cat food, the ONLY things that matter to your cats’ future and wellbeing are the ingredients in the can and the quality of those ingredients." - Doug Hines Learn more at CatFoodIngredients.com.
Save a Life... Fall in Love... Adopt a Cat! ®
Information on this website is provided for general purposes only. It should not be considered as a substitute for professional veterinary advice, care and treatment. Nothing herein is intended to treat, heal, or otherwise be considered as medical advice or treatment. Contact your veterinarian with any questions regarding your cat's diet or health. The reader must question the veracity of all news stories. See additional details here.
We hope you return to this website often. You are welcome here.
Copyright © 2021 Cat News Headlines® - All Rights Reserved.
Save a Life... Fall in Love... Adopt a Cat!®