NEWS & PROFESSIONAL ARTICLES
CAT NEWS / HEALTH / BEHAVIOR
WHAT'S IN YOUR CAT'S FOOD DISH?
With Thanks to Susan Thixton, Pet Food Safety Advocate and Author
News about both Cats and Dogs! Check Here Daily for Updated Stories!
Pet Food Safety Advocate and Author, Susan Thixton is constantly at the Pet Food Investigator's Desk looking into Current Situations to keep you both warned and informed. Find Susan at TruthaboutPetFood.com and the Association for Truth in Pet Food. "Learning the truth about your pet's food can save their life."
The Association for Truth in Pet Food [ATPF] is a stakeholder organization representing the voice of pet food consumers at AAFCO and with the FDA.Your membership helps representatives attend meetings and voice consumer concerns with regulatory authorities. The association is solely supported by pet food consumers. Click here to become a member!
Be a part of the team that is changing the future of pet food!
Join the Association for Truth in Pet Food (ATPF). The ATPF’s mission, in partnership with TruthaboutPetFood.com, is to change the future of pet food. We have a vision of honestly labeled pet foods, proper enforcement of law, and accountability for those that ignore or violate law. We see a future where consumers can trust their pet’s food as they do their own food. We will battle any foe that ignores the best interests of our pets. We battle for our pets. This association is solely supported by pet food consumers.
The ATPF represents pet owners' in interactions with governmental pet food regulatory authorities. These authorities include The Food and Drug Association and the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO). As an official stakeholder organization, the ATPF acts in an 'advisory position' on the AAFCO Pet Food Committee and the AAFCO Ingredient Definitions Committee.
Join the Association for Truth in Pet Food (ATPF) today! Membership is only a nominal $10, $25, or $50 per year, and members get access to secured information only published on the ATPF and TruthAboutPetFood.com's websites. It's well worth the money to (a) become more informed via secured information, and (b) to have people representing your voice in governmental regulatory meetings.
Read more about the ATPF, and register a new account at http://associationfortruthinpetfood.com/join-us/
Here are several websites where you can obtain current product recall information.
Go to KittyCatter.com.
The article Cat Food Recalls, Alerts and News (Updated for 2019) includes the subjects of:
Here are websites which have entire sections devoted to cat food recalls:
Finally, should you need them, here are two places on the U.S. Food & Drug Administration's website which may help you regarding product recalls:
• 3/28/21 -Midwestern Pet Foods Voluntarily Recall Due to Possible Salmonella Health Risk - TruthAboutPetFood
• 3/16/21 -Bravo Packing Expands Previously Announced Recall - TruthAboutPetFood
• 3/3/21 - Bravo Packing, Inc. Recalls All Performance Dog And Ground Beef Raw Pet Food - TruthAboutPetFood
• 1/21/21 - Animal Doctor: Major pet food recall is tip of iceberg - Tulsa World
• 1/27/21 - 60 Million Pounds Of Aflatoxin Contaminated Pet Food Were Recalled In Just 4 Months - TruthAboutPetFood
• 1/21/21 - Midwestern Pet Food Faces Class Action Lawsuit - TruthAboutPetFood
• 1/14/21 -Should Midwestern Pet Food Face Criminal Charges? - TruthAboutPetFood
• 1/8/21 -FDA Provides Aflatoxin Education To Pet Owners - TruthAboutPetFood
• 1/11/21 - Midwestern Pet Food Expands Deadly Aflatoxin Recall To More Than 1,000 Lots - TruthAboutPetFood
• 12/30/20 - FDA Alert: Certain Lots Of Sportmix Pet Food Recalled For Potentially Fatal Levels Of Aflatoxin - TruthAboutPetFood
• 10/9/20 - Sunshine Mills Expands Recall Of Pet Food Products Due To Potentially Elevated Levels Of Aflatoxin - TruthAboutPetFood
• 10/9/20 - FDA Alert: Multiple Pet Food Brands Recalled For Aflatoxin - TruthAboutPetFood
• 10/7/20 - Be EXTRA Careful With Recalled Pet Foods - TruthAboutPetFood
• 9/22/20 - Real Pet Food Company Voluntarily Recalls One Lot of Billy+Margot Wild Kangaroo and Superfoods Recall - TruthAboutPetFood
• 7/3/20 - Recalled for elevated choline chloride - Pet Food Processing
• 7/4/20 - J.M. Smucker Company Recalls Canned Cat Food Causing Potentially Deadly Side Effects - CBS New York
• 6/12/20 - RECALL: Carnivora Fresh Frozen Patties for Dogs and Cats 6/12/20 Recalled due to E.coli contamination - Healthy Canadians
• 6/13/20 - Carnivora Frozen Pet Food Patties Recalled Over E. Coli Concerns - iHeartRadio
CPS is a non-profit research and consumer advocacy organization dedicated to companion animals and consumer safety. CPS studies pet products and establishes criteria and test protocols to measure whether pet safety products provide the protection claimed by advocates and intended by manufacturers.
Save a Life... Fall in Love... Adopt a Cat! ®
Information on this website is provided for general purposes only. It should not be considered as a substitute for professional veterinary advice, care and treatment. Nothing herein is intended to treat, heal, or otherwise be considered as medical advice or treatment. Contact your veterinarian with any questions regarding your cat's diet or health. The reader must question the veracity of all news stories. See additional details here.
We hope you return to this website often. You are welcome here.
Copyright © 2021 Cat News Headlines® - All Rights Reserved.
Save a Life... Fall in Love... Adopt a Cat!®